Thursday, November 24, 2011

To My Friends Of Old....

Neil Young said it best, "One of these days I'm going to sit down and write a long letter to all the good friends I've known. And, I'm going to try to thank them all for the good times together, though so apart we've grown. . . .And I never tried to burn any bridges, but I know I've let some good things go. . . . From down in LA all the way to nashville to nyc to my canadian prairie home. My friends are scattered like leaves from an old maple. Some are weak, some are strong." 

So, on this Thanksgiving Day, and in fact on many other days, I do think of YOU, the people that have touched my life whether it was two years ago or twenty years ago. I remember you and appreciate the time that we spent together. And, occasionally while I am in the midst of my monotonous daily tasks, a passer by will see a big grin spread wide across my face. What they don't know is that I'm smiling because something has prompted me to a certain memory of you. Some may think its strange that something so distant in time and space can make me happy, but it does.

In a perfect world, we would still have time to sit around and laugh or cry together like we did in the days before, but like old Neil I've moved around a lot and so have many of you. We are distant not just in space, but we have found ourselves in different sectors of life: kids, job, hobbies, single, family, and so on.

It's been such a pleasure watching so many people grow up and become the amazing people I imagined they would be. The one redeeming factor of Facebook is allowing me to be a small part of your lives, if only through the internet.

Just know this, I consider myself lucky. I have had a great life thus far and mostly that is attributable to my friends and family.  So today I simply write - thank you for the good times we've had. They are not forgotten. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

  1. OMG.... feelings, coming from Noelle!!! I think my life may now be complete! Happy Thanksgiving Loushis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle, I have so many great memories through out our friendship. It's been so exciting watching you evolve and when I get the chance to be pesent weather it be a year or five. You are the same Noelle I've known since Jr high, hilarious , smart, and so down to earth. I miss you my friend but I will be seing you soon.

    xoxox,
    MsTaraJ

    ReplyDelete